This week’s curator, Cerys Hearsey, looks at how we can identify powerful starting points for Digital Transformation within organisations; she also shares some related guides from Shift*Base and picks 5 links for further reading on the topic.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
There are many reports available about the why, how and when of Digital Transformation. After reading them, you might think it sounds like a simple process for organisations to get right. Here, Cerys Hearsey looks at the challenges many organisations face in just getting started, and suggests some practical, hands-on ways to achieve this.
> See The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
A great introduction to the organisational potential of an internal platform mentality is this review of Dave Gray’s Connected Company. Including sections on shared services platforms and platform strategy.
- “In aviation, the changes brought about by digital transformation have tremendous potential to impact flight efficiency, customer service, maintenance and security, with more than just airlines realizing the benefits. Air traffic control, airports and passengers are just a few of the groups that will be impacted by the digital transformation in this ecosystem.” Digital transformations impacting the ecosystem of flight
- In the Big Shift, we are all experiencing mounting performance pressure. Our response to that pressure so far has been failing, as revealed by our analysis of the collapse in return on assets for all public companies in the US… Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: The Big Shift in Business Models
- “Artificial intelligence is changing the way lawyers think, the way they do business and the way they interact with clients. Artificial intelligence is more than legal technology. It is the next great hope that will revolutionize the legal profession.” How artificial intelligence is transforming the legal profession
- The Bosch Group championed hot topics such as digitization, networked products and Industry 4.0 at an early stage. “One out of every two open positions at Bosch involves IT or software”
- The Financial Times published an update on Chinese firm Haier’s ongoing transformation yesterday that provides a useful insight into the thinking of CEO Zhang Ruimin. Transformation at the speed of Haier
Our (free) invitation-only community for change agents and internal practitioners of social business, collaboration and digital transformation remains open for new members, whilst we conduct a review of the site and look at how to improve its user experience and utility and consult on how we can better support the community.
Interested in what we do?
The field of people and groups working at a practical level to transform organisations and build better business structures for the Twenty-First Century is small but growing fast. If you would like to work with us, for us (or against us!), please say hello 🙂
You can sign up to receive this newsletter weekly by email here