Transforming Financial Services
How can a strong, successful insurance and financial services group embrace new opportunities and develop digital talent?
This leading multinational financial services group is known for its insurance, pensions and investment management services. Recently, they have set out a bold strategy driven by emerging mega-trends shaping society, which has led them to create a series of innovative projects focused on wider social and prosperity goals.
As they evolve towards new digital business models, products and services they recognise their organisational operating system also needs to evolve to become more connected. The digital transformation agenda, sponsored by the CEO, is co-ordinated by a collaborative Digital leadership Group led by HR.
- Planned and delivered a digital immersion day for top leaders
- Delivered business unit level digital leadership animation sessions
- Helped to create a Digital Leadership Group for distributed change
- Innovative framework and visual map of digital talent across the firm
- MVP capability map & catalogue to guide a transformation team’s portfolio
- New organisational thinking & advisory across Group HR activities
- Firm-wide engagement in the strategic direction of digital across the organisation
- Network of committed digital leaders identified, co-ordinated & learning together
- More strategic, joined up distributed digital strategy across the whole firm
- Better understanding of digital talent needed for future organisational capabilities
- Ongoing learning priority established for all leaders
- Learning needs to prioritise ‘hands on’ modes by embedding new ways of working
- Emerging types of digital talent need new attraction & retention strategies
- Mapping new capabilities helps match them to whole firm needs, not just digital teams
- Clarifying target capabilities helps prioritise investment opportunities
- Mapping digital talent can accelerate key decisions to buy, rent or grow core skillsets