- Is email to blame for what is wrong with office communication?
- Little Helper, not Big Brother
- Improving our ability to navigate macro volatility in a world where we can’t predict it
- Moving From Ad-hoc Hybrid Working to a Hybrid Work System in 2023
- Data Mesh – Can we de-centralise ownership and usage of data in our organisations to improve its quality, relevance, and usage?
Our latest Link*Log by @drgabywolferink is out, with links from:
@Calnewport_ @Preppforsuccess @alainademop @Staffbase @oakandreeds @HarvardBiz @TimHarford @FinancialTimes @TechCoHQ
It is Tuesday, and time for our first #LinkLog of 2023. @leebryant talks about how, amid the #AI hype and fear-mongering, there is value today in creating augmentative little helpers in the workplace, rather than trying to simply replace people!
Meetings are a bug. Today, we shipped a fix to this bug at @Shopify.
To start 2023, we're cancelling all Shopify meetings with more than two people. Let's give people back their maker time. Companies are for builders. Not managers.
A big reason @zynga produced so many strong games founders & execs is bc game teams were trained to act like startups
1. New teams had to raise money VC style
2. Monthly board meetings for accountability
3. Outsized rewards for success
Here's what each tactic taught our teams👇
From Tochka-Us to the Twitterdammerung, 2022 was an unpredictable one. For our last linklog of the year, @leebryant offers 4 techniques for navigating macro volatility & uncertainty: https://bit.ly/3jiRFKf - h/t @Noahpinion @FT @D_R_Goodwin @nmoryl @snowded @clayparkerjones @vgr