This week’s curator, Livio Hughes, looks at the ongoing challenges faced by banks in coming to terms with (and preparing for) lasting digital transformation in the face of a range of industry threats, including the likely entry into the market by tech giants alongside the existing FinTech challenge; he also picks 5 links for further reading on the topic.
How can banks embrace digital transformation?
My post on this topic looks at how banks have started to engage with the structural, skills, technical and cultural issues associated with digital change management, but are still falling short of a holistic approach. I argue that assigning responsibility for digital transformation to technical specialists misses the point of this needing to be an enterprise-wide effort including all levels of the organisation, and I suggest some precursors and catalysts requiring attention to ensure that change sticks.
The recent announcement that Wells Fargo entered into a partnership with Amazon, signalling the online retailer’s entry into the tricky – but massive – US student loan market, is only the latest in a series of alarm bells being sounded in the financial services industry regarding the tech giants’ long-feared (and widely expected) entry into the banking arena.
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA is preparing its second management reorganization in 14 months as Chairman Francisco Gonzalez streamlines Spain’s second-biggest lender and accelerates its push into digital banking. BBVA Plans New Management Revamp as Chairman Pushes Digital Bank – Bloomberg
- Nordea establishes new Group Digital unit – Nordea.com
- “People need banking, not banks.” Learn how ING implemented continuous delivery to speed innovation for a better banking experience. For more information on D… Continuous Delivery – The ING Story: Improving time to market with De… – Slideshare.net
- BNP Paribas announces three new management appointments at the Group’s Retail businesses worldwide. BNP Paribas shakes up retail management for digital transformation – FInextra.com
- Powerful APIs that go beyond banking. We’ve done the heavy lifting so you can focus on creating great customer experiences – Capital One DevExchange Community
The field of people and groups working at a practical level to transform organisations and build better business structures for the 21st Century is small but growing fast. If you’re interested in this area and think you have what it takes to join us on our mission to make business and work more human, these opportunities might be for you:
Smart and dynamic consultant needed to work on exciting projects
Are you high-energy and intellectually curious, with a strong interest in digital transformation, social business, and organisational development? We’re seeking a consultant to join a growing team of curious, smart and ambitious people, who are passionate about taking digital transformation to the next level, and truly changing the way modern organisations operate.
We are looking for a Marketing Associate / Growth Hacker
Do you believe that work shouldn’t suck? We help companies adopt better ways of working, enabled by digital and enterprise social technologies. We’re seeking a resourceful marketer to create opportunities for our insights and consulting business.