In our ongoing efforts to help organisations develop more agile structures, innovate internally, and manage & measure their own digital transformation, we have just launched a comprehensive knowledge base and community for internal change agents – and we have lots of exciting online products in the development pipeline.
To support this process, we are now seeking a talented SysAdmin who is interested in DevOps, modern approaches to App & system development and new technology in general, to help manage our web hosting and internal tech infrastructure, as well as play an important role in ongoing web product development.
You will work closely with a very focussed, friendly startup team to maintain our development, staging & production infrastructure, support the rollout of new sites/software and look after our network, systems, connectivity and VoIP phones.
Ideal candidates must have a can-do attitude, a passion for technology, an eye for security, solid dev+sysadmin skills and a hunger to learn new things as you grow with us.
- AWS knowledge and experience, specifically working with multiple EC2 and RDS instances.
- We use Chef to manage our application stack (Apache + PHP-FPM), but experience with additional technologies is a plus.
- Experience with WP setup, hosting, plugins and admin.
- MySQL administration & tuning.
- Github / Bitbucket admin. We use both, and we’ll need you to support both.
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack, including some PHP development experience, is a significant plus.
- We primarily use Macs for our day-to day work, so experience supporting users of this platform would be useful.
- Network & System Security: enterprise-level network/system security experience is a plus.
This is a junior to mid-level position; we’re looking for somebody who has at least 2+ years of experience, but who wants to learn and grow quickly in a startup environment. You will have access to senior members of the team for mentoring & training, but we still expect you to be able to hit the ground running.
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Great benefits entitlement (after probation period)
We offer an informal working environment in our offices in London’s Tech City, great coffee and easy access to all that Shoreditch has to offer. You will get to work alongside our diverse, passionate and international team, joined together by a desire to transform how businesses operate with digital technologies. Although you are welcome to work from home on occasion, you’ll need to be in our office on a regular basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. However, this role is London-based and is only open to candidates who can demonstrate the legal right to work in the UK.
How to Apply
Please write a covering letter showcasing your written comms skills and explaining why you are the right person join our team, and mail it together with your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile to info[at]postshift[dotcom].
Absolutely NO AGENCIES please.