Digital Workplace Development
A smart Digital Workplace that helps people connect, share and get their work done is the foundation of any digital organisation.
Digital workplace technology options have improved, but most organisations still struggle with adoption, embedding new ways of working into existing work, and overcoming the ‘learned helplessness’ that has surrounded the use of digital workplace tools for too long.
As pioneers of enterprise digital tools, we have unrivalled experience helping organisations improve adoption and ROI for the digital workplace by focusing on the human factors – solid use cases, in-the-flow support, contextual prompts and ongoing learning from peers – as well as technology and user experience design.
Digital Workplace development should encourage people to try new ways of working using digital tools, while developing their skills and reducing the tech support overhead.
Our approach starts with a Digital Hub designed to share practical, real-world use cases and success stories, together with support from a network of Digital Guides (digitally-confident colleagues who are happy to help), and a Digital Concierge bot that can answer questions about the technology and help direct queries to the appropriate content. Implemented together, these represent the best way to maximise the value of digital workplace technology and move from tool adoption to better ways of working and organisational transformation.
Challenges we address
- Digital workplace needs a central purpose in overall transformation journey
- Developing essential digital skills and helping people work smarter
- Reducing help-desk overhead using peer-to-peer support model
- Cultivating a network of Digital Guides to champion new ways of working
- Moving from basic tool-focused adoption to organisational transformation
- Digital workplace technology evaluation
- Use case development
- Digital Hub configuration and integration
- Digital Hub content licensing
- Custom learning design & development
- Guides network animation
- Concierge bot design & deployment
- Testing, optimisation, launch and support
- Increased adoption and utility for digital workplace tools
- Lower end-user support costs
- Digital skills development for employees and leaders
- Improved user engagement for digital ways of working
- Maximise the ROI of Digital Workplace technologies
This week we look forward to the looming battle between office and "remote" working and ask what we can learn from Reddit and gamers about collaboration. Ronald Coase Reversed Earlier this week, I completed the content planning phase for an extensive leadership...
In this edition, Livio looks at some of the subtler communication challenges we rarely focus on in digital change programmes. What's in a word? I never cease to be amazed by the speed with which certain terms spread across all sorts of business communities, eventually...
How can we work to build a truly developmental organisation, allowing new capability development to be for everyone, not just those closest to the customer? With any transformation effort, it makes sense to target meaningful organisational capabilities rather than...
How can we move beyond 'managing' one-size-fits-all workplace culture and think about world-building or cultivating a hybrid ecology in the post-lockdown period? Can online working reach escape velocity? The debate about whether - and how - to return to the office...
How can HR functions adopt a more creative, targeted approach to developing home-grown digital talent? The digital people challenge The digital skills gap was already widening fast before COVID-19 struck, as this World Economic Forum report shows. Since then, the 1-2...
This week, Lee reflects on the leadership reform agenda we need to pursue to unlock the productivity gains we hope to see from digital innovation. Somewhere over the rainbow? It feels like there is so much potential value just over the horizon - such an opportunity to...