Digital Workplace Development
A smart Digital Workplace that helps people connect, share and get their work done is the foundation of any digital organisation.
Digital workplace technology options have improved, but most organisations still struggle with adoption, embedding new ways of working into existing work, and overcoming the ‘learned helplessness’ that has surrounded the use of digital workplace tools for too long.
As pioneers of enterprise digital tools, we have unrivalled experience helping organisations improve adoption and ROI for the digital workplace by focusing on the human factors – solid use cases, in-the-flow support, contextual prompts and ongoing learning from peers – as well as technology and user experience design.
Digital Workplace development should encourage people to try new ways of working using digital tools, while developing their skills and reducing the tech support overhead.
Our approach starts with a Digital Hub designed to share practical, real-world use cases and success stories, together with support from a network of Digital Guides (digitally-confident colleagues who are happy to help), and a Digital Concierge bot that can answer questions about the technology and help direct queries to the appropriate content. Implemented together, these represent the best way to maximise the value of digital workplace technology and move from tool adoption to better ways of working and organisational transformation.
Challenges we address
- Digital workplace needs a central purpose in overall transformation journey
- Developing essential digital skills and helping people work smarter
- Reducing help-desk overhead using peer-to-peer support model
- Cultivating a network of Digital Guides to champion new ways of working
- Moving from basic tool-focused adoption to organisational transformation
- Digital workplace technology evaluation
- Use case development
- Digital Hub configuration and integration
- Digital Hub content licensing
- Custom learning design & development
- Guides network animation
- Concierge bot design & deployment
- Testing, optimisation, launch and support
- Increased adoption and utility for digital workplace tools
- Lower end-user support costs
- Digital skills development for employees and leaders
- Improved user engagement for digital ways of working
- Maximise the ROI of Digital Workplace technologies
Learning, More than One Way
Cerys explores different learning strategies that can enhance the effectiveness of your personal learning system. It is great that employees are increasingly being encouraged to shape their own learning and career development. But for those employees suddenly finding...
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Making Brains vs Connecting Brains My co-founder Livio and I used to share an apartment in London in the 1990s that was close to a dreadful nightclub, so we were sometimes inadvertent witnesses to messy, drunken procreation activities in the alleyway next to our...
Developing Long-Term Workforce Capabilities is Better Than Boom & Bust Hiring/Firing
Thousands of employees have recently been ‘let go’ from some of the biggest tech companies in the world, as evidenced by sites like layoffs.fyi. Why is that? Many of the big players have released statements citing over-hiring during lockdown, when e-commerce surged,...
Organisational Radical Candor FTW
Cerys explores missed opportunities for radical, two-way discussions L&D are avoiding in their quest for simple, KPI-friendly projects. It is both a cliché and a truism that change is hard and that it never ends. And whilst trying to make employees feel safe,...
Organisational Evolution & the Power of Competitive Ecosystems
5 perspectives on how to harness the power of evolution within competitive environments to improve our organisations.
The cult of bare minimum learning
The past few years have seen an increasing investment in solving the growing digital skills gap within organisations. There are pockets of employees, even in leadership, who adopt learned helplessness with a chuckle - as if it is OK to lead in the digital age without...