Digital Workplace Development
A smart Digital Workplace that helps people connect, share and get their work done is the foundation of any digital organisation.
Digital workplace technology options have improved, but most organisations still struggle with adoption, embedding new ways of working into existing work, and overcoming the ‘learned helplessness’ that has surrounded the use of digital workplace tools for too long.
As pioneers of enterprise digital tools, we have unrivalled experience helping organisations improve adoption and ROI for the digital workplace by focusing on the human factors – solid use cases, in-the-flow support, contextual prompts and ongoing learning from peers – as well as technology and user experience design.
Digital Workplace development should encourage people to try new ways of working using digital tools, while developing their skills and reducing the tech support overhead.
Our approach starts with a Digital Hub designed to share practical, real-world use cases and success stories, together with support from a network of Digital Guides (digitally-confident colleagues who are happy to help), and a Digital Concierge bot that can answer questions about the technology and help direct queries to the appropriate content. Implemented together, these represent the best way to maximise the value of digital workplace technology and move from tool adoption to better ways of working and organisational transformation.
Challenges we address
- Digital workplace needs a central purpose in overall transformation journey
- Developing essential digital skills and helping people work smarter
- Reducing help-desk overhead using peer-to-peer support model
- Cultivating a network of Digital Guides to champion new ways of working
- Moving from basic tool-focused adoption to organisational transformation
- Digital workplace technology evaluation
- Use case development
- Digital Hub configuration and integration
- Digital Hub content licensing
- Custom learning design & development
- Guides network animation
- Concierge bot design & deployment
- Testing, optimisation, launch and support
- Increased adoption and utility for digital workplace tools
- Lower end-user support costs
- Digital skills development for employees and leaders
- Improved user engagement for digital ways of working
- Maximise the ROI of Digital Workplace technologies
Never waste a crisis: how the sudden switch to remote working could enable the shift to truly digital organisations
What and where is your Organisational Fabric? What and where is the fabric of your organisation? How would you describe it? When the buildings are empty and the conference rooms are silent, what actually *is* the organisation? Some might argue it is the...
Tesla's soaring (possibly overvalued?) stock price, and its continued ability to design and deliver market-leading electric vehicles, raise some serious questions about the structure and culture of the incumbents in the automotive sector. Bosch CEO Volkmar Denner...
We have worked with enterprise social networks (ESNs) for over 15 years, helping organisations to create a connected context, networks and communities to support new ways of working and overcome the harmful effects of silos. In Munich this week, at the 15th Social...
Do you believe that companies should be more human? Post*Shift is a specialist consulting and software firm, focussed on helping some of the world’s best companies become more agile and preparing their leaders for the challenges and opportunities of...
Last week I presented a model of digital leadership and strategy at #SocialNow in Lisbon. Here is the text of my talk, with slides embedded at the end... It is very hard to succeed with digital transformation in an established organisation without addressing...
"The greatest challenge for today’s leaders is how to upgrade their organisation’s operating system” This is how we frame the conversation about organisational change and the role of digital transformation on our newly-updated website, so I thought I would explain our...